- Bleaching gel should be refrigerated to maintain shelf life.
- Tooth fillings and crowns do NOT respond to teeth bleaching
- Foods and juices high in acids may cause sensitivity.
- Stay away from foods and drinks that will stain (i.e. berries, coffee, tea, soda, red wine).
- Do not use tobacco products while bleaching.
- Brush and floss teeth to remove plaque from the surface of your teeth.
- Load gel into bleaching tray as instructed.
- Adapt tray to the sides of your teeth.
- Remove excess gel with a clean finger, toothbrush or tissue.
- When you are finished, gently brush your teeth to remove residual gel.
Amount of Time
Lifelike: Recommended usage is up to 1 hour, no more than two times daily or overnight.
Daywhite: Recommended usage is 30-60 minutes, no more than two times daily.
Nitewhite: Recommended usage is 30-60 minutes, no more than two times daily.
Cleaning Your Trays
When finished, clean your bleach trays with a soft brush and cool water or toothpaste.
Store your trays on the models or in the case provided.
Sensitive gums: The bleaching gel was not thoroughly removed from the gums. Make sure to
wipe off the excess gel after inserting the trays
Sensitive teeth: If teeth become sensitive from the bleaching, try any of the following:
- Reduce the amount of time the bleach is in the mouth.
- Reduce the strength (%) of bleach.
- Bleach every other day.
- Brush your teeth with desensitizing toothpaste (Sensodyne) before and after usage.
- After each bleaching session, place desensitizing toothpaste or fluoride gel in your bleach trays and reinsert for 5 minutes.